Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sympathy

Last night at prayer meeting, one of the ladies we were praying with said that sometimes all people need is someone who knows how they feel.

Today I had to go to the bank. There's one teller that I always seem to get, and today was no exception. I noticed right away that his voice was funny, like he was sick or something. I mentioned it, and he told me that he had just found out that a good buddy of his had passed away the day before. He was obviously devastated, but he had to work anyway, and was determined to do his job.

I never know what to say in situations like this. I said I was sorry for his loss, but could think of no other way to help him but hurry through my business and leave him in peace. (Although, since he was the only teller open at that moment, peace is perhaps not the best word for it.)

I think he could see that I had sympathy for him, though, and after all, God did put me right there at that moment for a reason. I just hope I did what He meant me to!

"Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep."
~Romans 12:15~

No comments:

Post a Comment