Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

High Protein Granola

When it comes to breakfasts, I'm notoriously lazy if I'm only cooking for me. Since school is out for the summer, I decided to see if I could make this typically carb-laden breakfast food more balanced. After looking up some recipies on Pinterest, I found out how much dry material I was aiming for, and the correct ratio of wet ingredients, and then I looked around the kitchen and started throwing things in my measuring cup. I figured out the protien/carb amounts as I went and was able to make the carbs and protein even.


Homemade Granola

3/4c. Pumpkin seeds (shelled)
1/2c. Sunflower seeds (shelled)
2/3c. Almonds
2/3c. Chopped Walnuts
1/3c Rolled Oats
1T. Honey
1/4c. Oil
1/2c. Peanut or Almond Butter

Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix honey, peanut butter, and oil together and microwave for about 10 seconds or until warm. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. Spread on a cookie sheet and bake until brown (about 20 minutes).


No comments:

Post a Comment