Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Immune-Boosting Chicken Soup

Sniffles and coughs have invaded our house thus weekend, so I decided to make chicken soup. I have heard that onion and garlic are immune-boosting foods, so I put in as much as I thought my family could stand. When I went to buy the chicken, there was only one chicken breast that was the right size, so I bought some chicken sausage, too, which turned out to be a really yummy addition! Then I added avocado at the end, and that made it even more yummy! This may have been the most delicious (and healthy) soup I have ever made!

Chicken Soup
1 medium chicken breast
1 lb. chicken sausage (or another chicken breast)
1 onion
4 (or more) cloves of garlic
4 ribs of celery
4c chicken stock, (or enough to cover the meat while it cooks)
1/2 Avocado per bowl (add just before devouring)

Dump all ingredients into a soup pot and boil until the meat is cooked and the vegtables are mushy. I added all the ingredients in whole or in large pieces, and when it was all cooked, I shredded the meats in our KitchenAid mixer and used our immersion blender (a very useful thrift store find!) to take care of the veggies. This made the soup very creamy, and it was pretty quick to make. If you do not have an immersion blender or a KitchenAid, the soup may not be as creamy, but it will still taste yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment